Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A New Way of Traveling Comfortably


On core77 I found yet another new design, but this one seems to apply more to something that I'd be willing to invest in. There is a new design for travel pillows called the Embrace Sleep Collar Travel Pillow. The Embrace Sleep Collar is made with memory foam on the inside layer of the pillow, and high resiliency foam on the outside layer. It weighs less than 3 ounces, and is machine washable. From looking at the image provided from the website, I was able to see (not to mention read up on) about the advantages of its all around support. It keeps your head upright and keeps your head from bobbing. After a long plane ride you won't have a sore neck, which is always a problem I face when I travel. Though the blogger, hipstomp is perfectly content with his inflatable pillow, the problem I have with those is that my head does end up bobbing because it doesn't allow for full support. With the Embrace I can easily see that it will keep my head upright. I think that this would also come in handy for roadtrips. It's extremely annoying when you want to lay down, but you have no where to position your head.

-$24.99
-Internal flex band
-adjustable strap
-cool fabric
-Comes in different colors and designs
-Compact
-lightweight
-Tim Duncan
VP Product Development
Designs in Progress

Sources: http://sleepcollar.com/faq.html
http://www.core77.com/blog/object_culture/new_design_for_travel_pillows_15923.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment